Be a Part of the next Guild of Creative Art’s Online Art Galleries
During this crazy time we have all been making sacrifices as we try to come to grips with the world around us. Each of us has experienced challenges of one sort or another.
The Guild of Creative Art is no different. We have been closed since mid-March, impacting, among other things, our ability to present the scheduled monthly exhibits. The uncertainty of the present times may affect even more exhibits down the road.
So until we are certain that we may safely open for business, we will follow the guidelines established for everyone’s health and welfare. Consequently, we plan to continue presenting exhibits through the Guild of Creative Art’s Art Galleries Online, a virtual exhibit of artwork created by our members. If you are a currently a paid up Guild member you may participate.
All active Guild members may submit one or two digital images of their artwork to be displayed on our online platform. We will collect images for the next issue of Art Galleries Online during a specific submission period (as indicated on the registration form below). When a gallery has been presented on the Guild’s website, it will be announced to our Art News subscribers. (If not already subscribed, you may do so by clicking HERE.)
This is the Link for the purchase of the artwork displayed. Delivery of purchased artwork will take place once the Guild is able to re-open for business. The Guild commission is 20%.
Procedure for Submitting Images and Comments for the Guild’s Art Galleries Online
Taking a Photo Image of your Artwork
- Photo images of your artwork may be taken with a camera or your mobile device.
- Images should be cropped to show the artwork only, no mats or frames.
- If there is glass over your artwork, take steps to avoid glare, which may include removing the artwork from the frame.
- Take the photograph straight on as not to distort the image.
Saving your Image
- Images of your artwork must be saved in the jpg format on your device.
- Size the image to 72 ppi (pixels per inch), with a minimum of 1000 pixels on the longest side.
- Name your jpg as follows:
Your Last Name_First Name_Title of Artwork
Sample: Smith_John_Showing Off
Renaming and Resizing a JPG file
If you are having problems resizing or renaming your files, here are two instructional PDF’s to help you. One is for Windows 10 and one is for a Mac.