This year it’s a virtual show
The online registration period is January 1 to 31, 2021
No registration will be accepted after January 31.
Online submission is the only way to register.
There will be no paper registration form.
Open to Guild Members and Non-Members
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic
there will be no reception this year.
Beginning January 1, 2021 the online registration link will appear at the bottom of this page.
Notification of accepted artwork and awards will be made on February 17.
The Virtual Show will debut on the Guild’s website on March 6, 2021.
Please read the Prospectus carefully before you register.
Eligibility: Open to all photographers working in traditional, digital or combination of both.
Entry and judging categories: Monochrome and Color photography. No photographs previously shown at the Guild will be accepted.
All elements in a composite image must be the original work of the submitting artist and may not incorporate photographic elements produced by anyone else. No mixed media.
All entries must have originated with a camera. However, computer generated textures and other software enhancements may be used to complement the photographic image.
- A phone that takes pictures is a camera – allowed;
- A computer generated image is not a camera – not allowed;
- A stock photo is a photo taken by someone else – not allowed.
The Guild has the right to reject objectionable and non-conforming images.
Submittal: All entries must be submitted online as digital jpg image files. The judges will review the digital jpg images to select those acceptable to exhibit in the show. The final Award judging will be based on the jpg representation that you submit. Up to 3 images may be submitted. Based on the judges’ decision all of your entries may be accepted.
Each entry uploaded must be in the jpg format (sRGB color space is best for color images) with no less than 2000 pixels on the longest side.
Artist’s initials or name identification must not be visible in the jpg. If you’ve made your name or initials part of the digital image, you’ll need to clone them out of the jpg you submit.
You must name your jpg entries as follows:
Your last name_your first name_Title of artwork
For example: Smith_Mary_The Tree on the Hill.jpg
Note: Incorrect naming could result in disqualification.
The online submission period is from January 1 to 31, 2021.
Online submission is the only way to enter – there will be no paper registration form.
The Entry Fee is as follows:
Guild members – $10 for one entry; $18 for two; $25 for three
Non-members – $20 for one entry; $28 for two; $35 for three
The entry fee is non-refundable.
Acceptance: The judges will review the submitted jpg images and select those that are to be exhibited in the show. On February 17 a list of artists, artwork and awards will be posted on the Guild’s website at guildofcreativeart.org. All artwork must be for sale. The Guild receives a 33 1/3 % commission on all sales.
Judges: Robert and Elisabeth McKay, own & operate McKay Imaging Photography, Red Bank, NJ.
Click HERE for their statement and bios.
– Gold Award for Best in Category (Monochrome, Color) – $150 each category
– Al Goldstein Memorial Award for Landscape Photograph – $50
– Al Goldstein Memorial Award for People Photograph – $50
– Alice Tendler Memorial Award for Artistic Innovation – $50
– H. Jeffrey Leonard Memorial Award for Action Photograph – $50
– Bob Grunke Memorial Award for Street Photograph – $50
– Bob Warwick Memorial Award for Pet Photograph – $50
– Lorraine Ravner Memorial Award for Macro Photograph – $50
– Sydel Kugell Memorial Award for Seascape Photograph – $50
– Jane Fitzgerald Award for Abstract Photography – $50
– Silver Awards for Excellence in: Animals, Botanical, Edgy, & Places – $50 each;
– Bronze Achievement Awards.
Additional awards to be announced. All award winners will receive medals.
The judge will make awards based on the jpg’s submitted.
* We hope to be inviting any artist who receives one of the above awards to display that artwork
in a special exhibit at the Guild’s gallery in Shrewsbury. We will contact you regarding dates.
Before clicking the online registration link below make sure you:
1. Price your work correctly, knowing that the Guild receives 33 1/3% commission on sales
2. Have named and sized your jpg’s as instructed in this Prospectus
3. Have read and understand all the requirements and restrictions outlined in this Prospectus
Beginning Jan 1 and ending Jan 31, you will be able to register by clicking HERE.